- Vibram® Dolent rubber sole
- shock absorbing PU wedge
- TPU crampon slot
- TPU chassis
- I-Core carbon insert
- 6 mm PP glass fibre insole with a 2.5 mm shock absorbing and isolating layer made from EVA
The I-Core carbon insert forms the intelligent core of the sole construction. A precise alignment of the carbon fibres with the lever arm achieves both perfect flexion and torsion stability, reducing "reinforcing" elements to the benefit of shock absorbing elements.
A new, patented and exclusive LOWA clamp hook makes fixing the two-zone lacing extremely comfortable. The lacing fixes the instep of the foot with only one pull. At the same time the lace is blocked to allow for comfortably inserting the water blocking tongue. Pushing the hook clip upwards easily releases the clamping to loosen the instep lacing.
= guarantees perfect lacing comfort
LOWA Floating Tongue
- elastic construction
- optimum adjustment
- protection of the instep area
- improved waterproofing
LOWA Tongue Construction
- custom adjustment
- protection zones in the flex area
- optimal ventilation
This construction improves the moulding of the tongue area to the foot.
LOWA C4 Tongue
The four main features of the C4 Tongue increase walking comfort noticeably:
- asymmetrical padding (thicker towards the outside of the foot)
- recessed ankle areas (inside higher than the outside)
- flexible curved insert towards the inside of the foot
- soft edging on the upper end
- fixation of the tongue in vertical and horizontal axis, avoids blisters and pressure marks
- independent from instep height
- pressure distribution throughout tongue
- simple handling with lacing instructions on the tongue
TPU brace embedded in the PU midsole. Because of its special shape it dynamically reduces the chances of pronation movement at the back of the foot:
- optimum foot stability
- excellent walking comfort
LOWA STG 3D
An innovative sole construction for sporty models. Offers optimum stability and excellent shock absorption:
- stabilizing EVA midsole
- TPU stabilizer
- depressant EVA midsole
The plastic stabilizer element features in all multi-functional footwear. It improves ankle stability and torsional rigidity.
Full-length PU frame for optimal stability and less weight.
LOWA MONOWRAP® I
This MONOWRAP® sole unit construction with a firm 7/8 TPU stabilizer is the most stable and offers optimal traction and perfect support with its high-quality surface materials.
LOWA MONOWRAP® II
This MONOWRAP® sole unit construction with a moderate 7/8 TPU stabilizer provides balanced stability and offers the optimal compromise between control and comfort.
LOWA MONOWRAP® III
This MONOWRAP® sole unit construction with a soft 7/8 TPU stabilizer enables a perfect roll-through of the foot and optimal comfort in combination with its high-quality surface materials.
LOWA MONOWRAP® Speedhiking Frame
This MONOWRAP® construction is the perfect combination of stability, protection and cushioning. Lightweight uppers materials are provided with additional reinforcement and protection in the form of the sprayed on MONOWRAP® elements. The softer TPU/Nylon 2/3 stabilizer at the front provides good stability between the heel and middle foot and excellent flex in the toe zone.
LOWA Heel Truss
- protects heel and upper from damage
- connection between shaft and stabilizing rubber rand
- better ankle flex by "FlexZone" and flexible "LaceLoop"
- better heel-fit by "LaceLoop"
- free lacing hook doesn't interfere with flex
LOWA FlexFit 3D
- "FlexZone 3D" allows natural ankle movement in all directions, without losing stability
- better heel-fit by "LaceLoop"
LOWA FlexFit Synchro
When hiking and climbing, especially on small paths, and even more so on rough terrain, the orthopedic "centre" of the ankle joint does not correspond to the orthopedic "centre" of the knee joint. This is a natural result of the way the foot touches the ground: not centrally below the hip joint but a little bit more medially. As a consequence, the longitudinal axis of the lower leg is not completely vertical but slightly inclined to the outside. The asymmetrical upper construction of the FlexFit-Synchro technology takes this biomechanical knowledge into account. The shaft of the shoe moves "in sync" with the lower leg, thereby noticeably improving walking comfort.